What is Laser Hair Reduction?
Laser hair reduction is a medical procedure that uses a laser to reduce hair growth permanently. During the laser hair removal process, a laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. The primary principle behind laser hair removal is selective photothermolysis, the matching of a specific wavelength of light and pulse duration to obtain optimal effect on a targeted tissue (hair in this case) with minimal effect on surrounding tissue (skin). Using the appropriate settings and the clinical judgment of a highly trained specialist such as a dermatologist, lasers can selectively heat and eliminate the hair follicle while protecting the rest of the skin.
Why Lightsheer Infinity?
Lumenis’ LightSheer INFINITY opens up a world of infinite laser treatment possibilities. Patients from different ethnic backgrounds and with different skin types are increasingly demanding solutions that are tailored to their needs.
With the LightSheer INFINITY you can customize treatment like never before and offer the ideal treatment to each one of your patients.
The LightSheer INFINITY is a breakthrough in hair reduction and provides a highly effective, rapid, safe and comfortable treatment.
How does the Lightsheer Inifinity work?
How HIT™ Works
- Vacuum gently draws skin into the handpiece, skin is stretched thin and target is pulled closer to the energy source.
- Energy is applied to target in which melanocytes are spread apart and blood flow is constricted.
- Target is damaged and skin is released.
Advantages of High-Speed Integrated Technology (HIT™)
- Increased efficacy: by stretching the skin there is a reduction in competing chromophores and the laser energy is delivered more efficiently. With darker skin types that have high concentrations of Melanocytes this advantage has even greater significance.
- Higher safety: treatment safety for all skin types is increased by the proximity of the target to the energy source, since less energy is absorbed by the epidermis and lower fluence is required. Additionally, the LightSheer 805nm Diode wavelength has an excellent safety profile and the LightSheer 1060nm diode wavelength offers superior safety for darker skin types.
- Decreased pain: the Vacuum mechanism activates tactile and pressure skin receptors to naturally block the transmission of pain to the brain during the treatment.
- Fastest treatment: with a spot size of 22x35 mm, large areas can be treated rapidly, without the need for cooling or anesthetics.
How ChillTip™ Works
- Skin is cooled before and during treatment.
- Skin is compressed. Laser beam applied to skin and target is damage
Advantages of ChillTip™ Technology
- Enhanced safety: superior epidermal protection is achieved through ChillTip contact cooling.
- Increased comfort: by continuously cooling the skin, pain and discomfort are significantly reduced.
- Higher efficacy: compression of the skin rotates the (hair) follicle closer to the surface, blanches blood vessels and reduces competing chromophores. For darker skin types this advantage is more significant since their Melanin concentration is higher.
On what part of the body can the Lightsheer Infinity be used?
Anywhere you have hair. On the face, chest, abdomen, back, arms, and legs.
Who is a candidate for the Lightsheer Infinity?
Candidates for the Lightsheer Infinity are healthy women and men, with all skin types of various tones. The hair should ideally be brown to black.
What are the results of the procedure?
The results include smoother skin, and permanent reduction of hair.
What are the benefits of choosing Lightsheer Infinity over similar treatments?
Vacuum assisted laser hair removal in Lightsheer devices to treat large areas reduces the need for topical anesthesia. The vacuum activates tactile and pressure skin receptors to naturally block the transmission of pain to the brain during the treatment. The continuous sapphire based cooling to treat smaller areas also increases comfort and safety.
*individual results may vary